17 Apr 2018 7:00am
- Did you know that the number of people with dementia is increasing?
- Does your business attract a wide range of customers including older people?
- Have you ever experienced a customer who appears lost or confused and you did not know what to do?
- Would some information increase your confidence in these situations?
Then this event is for you!
Come along to gain knowledge and tools to understand dementia and become Dementia Friendly. This breakfast will offer support and assistance for your businesses to better serve your community. Learn how and why you can become a Dementia Friendly Organisation, as we strive to become a Dementia Friendly Community.
The program will be presented by qualified staff from Dementia Australia. The interactive workshop is packed with practical solutions to a variety of issues facing business today. You are encouraged to participate in activities to increase your understanding of the experience of people living with dementia and what it can mean for your business.
What YOU will get out of attending…
- Have a better understanding of dementia, its signs and symptoms.
- Learn practical ways to be a Dementia Friendly and support your customers who may have dementia.
- Be able to identify some of the challenges experienced by people living with dementia when engaging in daily activities.
- Understand how being a Dementia Friendly Community can benefit your business and the broader community.
- Understand what makes your business Dementia Friendly.
- Reflect on what changes you can make in your business and community in order to become more Dementia Friendly.
- Know where to access practical resources and support to be endorsed as a Dementia Friend or Dementia Friendly.
This is a MUST attend for any business that wants to improve customer relations.
Manningham Function Centre